Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trakai & Vilnius, Lithuania






Midsummer's Eve, a friend and I drove to Lithuania to visit Vilnius and Trakai. As you can see, they really like big city signs. Even Riga has signs this big (just incase you weren't sure what city you were heading into :)).










To prove that I was there, I had a picture taken of me with the castle in the background. I


really liked Trakai castle. It was basically in ruins until the 1990's when it was restored.


There are still ruins of the outer walls that were really neat.








This is Lori and I as we cross the wooden bridge to the castle.
Castles are fun to visit and imagine what happened there over

centuries. Its is also interesting to see the difference that the
US places on historical sites. We try to preserve them so that we

don't have to try and restore them.


No comments: