Wednesday, May 19, 2010

USAEUR Band

On May 15th I went to Jelgava, Latvia to listen to the USA Europe Band.  They opened the concert with the US national anthem and the Latvian anthem.  I have always loved the national anthem but hearing it played overseas was an incredible experience.  Because we were in Latvia, there were only a few American citizens there, but I sang the words as the band played.  It sent chills down my body, singing the anthem and thinking of what an incredible country I was born.  I've always known freedom but many in Latvia have only recently been granted what should be every human being's right.  I love the US and am proud to be an American citizen.  I am grateful to all soldiers, both past and present, who fought to make America free and continue to uphold freedom throughout the world.  May God always bless the USA and may her citizens uphold freedom, forever and remember that it was God who made our country what it is.



If you ever get a chance to listen to the miltary bands, take advantage! Such incredibly talented musicians.  Not only are they musicians, but they are also full-time soldiers serving their country.  Many of the musicians played multiple instruments, a very talented group.  Makes me want to practice the instruments that I know how to play so I can get that good! :) 

1 comment:

CeeJ said...

Wow- what a cool experience! I completely agree with everything you said.