Friday, July 16, 2010

Baltic Beach Fun

During the day, Mindy has been spending time on the streets of Riga while I work.  Then after work gets done, we head out to do something.  Whether it be walking the streets of Riga or going to the Occupation Museum or just going to dinner, we've been enjoying the long evenings of sun.
The same was true of Thursday night.  Lori, a friend from work, called and asked if we wanted to go to the beach and we said, "sure!"  So Thursday night after work, she picked us up from my apartment and we headed out to Jurmala.  As we were driving, I said, "Look at those clouds.  That looks like rain."  Sure enough it was raining in Jurmala, so we pulled over and had dinner and waited the storm out.  Then we drove to Jurmala and the beach.

We changed, Lori & Mindy into swimming suits, me into my workout clothes so I could go for a run.  I headed down the beach and turned around to try to meet back up with Mindy & Lori at the 5km mark.  However, I was running and still didn't meet up with them so I kept running.  I had turned around at the 3.5km mark and by the time I saw them again, I had gone 7 km!  So they didn't end up walking at all!  They saw a couple of people from work and chatted that whole time I ran.  I said that I'd walk a little way with them to cool down. 
The sun was setting and it was so beautiful.  Looking at this picture you'd think it was about 7 pm, right?  Well, you'd be wrong!  It was actually 10 PM!!!  Crazy, huh?  But still pretty.

Then Mindy got into the Baltic Ocean and I took a picture of her and then a couple with her (but I wasn't in the ocean...I'll get a picture of that yet!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow-- gorgeous pics!!