Tuesday, August 10, 2010

...and then running a half-marathon!

How many crazy people turn 31 and then run a half-marathon?!?!?!  Me!  LOL.  I'm not really crazy, just thought I'd train for something concrete instead of just working out.  So I signed up to run in the Kuldiga, Latvia pusmaraton (half-marathon) on August 8, 2010.  Well, Latvia has been experiencing it's hottest summer in something crazy like 85 years!  So it was really warm and the race didn't start until 1 pm!

(Pics to come soon)

It's amazing how running that far in that kind of weather can drain you.  I've been training for about a year now and I should have been able to finish the half-marathon in 2 hours, but because of the heat and the cobblestone (I haven't been running on cobblestone during my training so I had to slow down when the streets turned to cobblestone so I wouldn't break my ankle!) it took me 2 hours 25 minutes and 25 seconds. :(  Which means that my marathon will take me over 5 hours to run!  Well, I can't have that!  So I've started running faster on my training sessions.  I'm gonna finish the marathon in 4 hours 30 minutes!!

No comments: