Sunday, October 17, 2010

First snow of Fall 2010 Latvia

Yesterday morning, when I looked out my bedroom window, the sky was pretty clear although the sun hadn't risen yet, so I thought "yeah, a great sunny day".  As I was getting ready for the gym, I was meeting a friend there at 9 am, the sun finally came up and reaffirmed what I thought.  I headed to the gym and I thought "hmmm, it's not too cold". 
I got on the treadmill and started running, waiting for my friend.  By the time she got to the gym, it had turned dark (the treadmills are on the bottom floor by huge windows).  She was to the left of me, so as we talked (making my run harder), I could see out the window.  About half-way into the run, I stopped in the middle of what I was saying and exclaimed "Is that snow?!?!"  "No, it's hail, I think," she replied.  But sure enough it was SNOW!  It snowed the rest of the time that I was in the gym, the whole time I was grocery shopping.  Just as I was getting home, the sun poked it's head out so I thought "at least it won't stick!" :)
Then it rained and sleeted the afternoon...talk about crazy "fall" weather in Latvia!

No comments: