Thursday, April 4, 2013

Brisbane Australia

Easter weekend is a four-day holiday from work, so I decided that I wanted to go explore somewhere new.  So I did some research and decided on Brisbane, Australia!
There is a river that runs through Brisbane, and there are lots of bridges.  This is the first night that I arrived, and the city was SO beautiful with all the lights reflecting on the water.

The next day, I got up early and went and did a session at the temple.  It is designed a lot like the Snowflake, Arizona temple and it was amazing to get to visit another temple.

I took a river cruise to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.  A great way to see the city.  And because I travel alone, like always, I meet some of the nicest people.  I met a lovely lady by the name of Lisa during the tour of the sanctuary.  She took my photo with the koala and we chatted all the way back to Brisbane.  She is a jazz singer, which I think is really awesome, and I just love the fact that I meet so many nice people when I travel!

Here I am after the cruise, koala sanctuary, underneath one of the many bridges that span the river.  I thought this was a great photo op, with the old wood of a bridge that is no longer in service.
The following day, I went to Nudgee Beach which is a place where birds come, from all over the world to nest.

Then I continued onto the Gold Coast.  It is a town called Surfer's Paradise and the reason is because the waves are incredible!  Here I am with my feet in the ocean.  The sand is so small and fine. I can see why people want to be beach bums!  Lol

Here is the beach...one can almost see the waves...but pictures don't do the waves justice!  And if you don't pay attention, the waves can come up on you quickly!  It happened to me!  I was taking a photo, and got knocked over by a wave!  It ruined my camera and I lost the rental car key...a crazy end to my adventure in Brisbane!

No comments: