Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunny Winter Sunday

So the weekend weather was supposed to be sunny and beautiful...but you can't always trust the weather report...but this weekend it proved to be true!  So after church was over, my friend Jo and I meet at the waterfront to take advantage and get some photos that I've been meaning to get for a while.  The above shot is of the Rimataka mountains that have snow on them. 
This is a pretty famous statue of a man getting ready to jump into the ocean. 
A beautiful look of the harbour with the sun getting ready to set. 
They have interesting statues all around the city, but this one, I see it all the time when I go out running around the waterfront.  I love the fact that you can see some fishermen in the background. 
A fun little statue on the balcony of one of the houses along the waterfront. 
A Maori statue down along the waterfront. 
This is a statue outside of a Maori building along the waterfront.  It's another building I haven't gone inside.  I have a lot of things to get done before I leave in 11 weeks!

No comments: