Friday, August 23, 2013

This is the sight that awaited me when I woke up in Fiji.
This is the private beach for our hotel. 
What a beautiful sight! 
I couldn't resist taking a walk on the beautiful beach into the peace of the sound of the ocean.
And of course putting my feet into the Pacific Ocean of Fiji. 
I woke up before the sun actually rose, and was able to catch this amazing sight.
Because of the cancelled first flight and our subsequent flight into Suva, the airline left our luggage in Auckland.  I didn't want to spend the entire trip in jeans, so we went into the town and got tank-tops and board-shorts as a substitute for a swimming suit.
Erica and I at lunch.  The food at the hotel was SO good! 
This is a traditional fish and coconut dish and the local version of potatoes.  They are very starchy, didn't really care for them too much.  But the fish dish was really good! 
Then after lunch, when the tide was low, we out walking in the reef.  There were electric blue starfish out in the water.
All in all, a wonderful first day in Fiji.

No comments: