Sunday, March 30, 2014

Roosevelt Lake

I have many wonderful memories of my childhood. Many of these memories were made at Roosevelt Lake. We'd go there every Spring Break. We'd camp, we'd fish, we'd play in the lake, drink soda, eat fish...MMM, what wonderful memories! We love to keep building those memories with the nieces and nephews too. So this year, since I was close, I took time to fly down to Arizona to spend some of Spring Break at the Lake!
 The kids flew kites!
Triesun loves to have pictures taken, and he's super cute!

 I love this photo of my beloved father. Nothing like being relaxed and at the lake!
Papa let all the kids play with waterdogs that the camp nearby gave to him. Of course it was at lunch time and they got perilously close to me and my lunch...ICK! I hate slimy things!
 Kaely was having a ball with hers! The poor tortured creatures!
 Papa and I fishing...brings back a LOT of memories! :-)
 Getting ready to head out for some boating fun with Cousin Jolynn's family!
 Chilling around the campfire...wonderful stories and time spent a night around the campfire!
 Nothing beats the beauty of an Arizona sunset.
 Papa getting ready to head out fishing. Many a bright and early morning I'd see this sight as I was the only one willing to get up that early to go fishing!
 But it paid off! Look at this beautiful black crappie that I caught! :-D This is one happy girl!!!
The grandkids love to hold up the fish for photos. I think it's SO cute!
I'm grateful that I was able to go down and spend this time with Bridgette's, Rudger's family and my beloved parents. I hope there are many, many, many more times like this developing such wonderful memories.

No comments: