Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Provo City Half-Marathon

I always run a half-marathon when I move to a new country and I'd never ran one in the States. Well, I decided to sign up for a marathon because it is something that I've always wanted to do. So since I wasn't working that much, I signed up for the Utah Valley Marathon that happens in June. It is always good to run a half-marathon half-way through your training, and I found a good deal to run the Provo City Half-Marathon. Ruth and the girls were waiting at the finish-line for me.
 Here is Cordelia all bundled-up waiting for me.
 Adaline gave her jacket to Cordelia after Cordelia threw-up on her shirt, so she got to wrap up in a blanket, since it was chilly that morning!
Here I am coming into the last 200 yards of the half-marathon.
 Down to the home-stretch, running as fast as I can!
Me and my finishers medal after running 13.1 miles! It was a wonderful experience to have family at the finish-line, something that has never happened at any of my half-marathons before. It was a good test and gave me great hope for my marathon.

1 comment:

Bridgette Blake said...

Good Job! I think my max would be a 5k. :)