Saturday, January 9, 2016

A promotion!

I started working at Visa in April. One of my colleagues who just finished her accounting masters, ended up leaving, which opened up a position on our team. I applied for the position, but due to policies at Visa, they don't usually promote someone who's been with the company for under a year.
My boss really wanted me to have the promotion, as I was doing a majority of the work anyway. Well, after quite a bit of time and thinking that I wouldn't get it, I got a call from HR the day I was flying to Arizona. Imagine my surprise that I was getting the promotion plus a significant raise. What a blessing this will be this year.
My boss's bosses were visiting our office this week, and after a conversation with them, they told my boss that they are glad that the position came to me. It was a nice reassurance and I'm looking forward to working with them over the coming months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good article.... keep-up the good work.... May I share a blog about the Montmartre in Paris in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/06/paris-at-montmartre.html
Watch also the video in youtube at: https://youtu.be/FOC5LhoiCz4